Thursday 25 April 2013

FMP | Laura Ashley Imagery Colour Matching



Using Steph Lawson's edited and pattern-applied proposed Laura Ashley collection images, as previously sent along to me, I did some quick swatch tests and colour matching this morning in order to establish a colour palette for the type to go on to progress with the editorial and promotional design. 

Hoping to use a variety of images across the design ranges, I started to experiment with the imagery that I felt was most striking for both a catalogue cover and outdoor advertising/promotion.

Some colours, particularly, the darker colours, worked quite well, but a few got lost along the pattern and with the various tones and shades within the photographic imagery. I will go on to experiment further within InDesign and quick mock up on Illustrator to find a perfect balance before forwarding on the experiments and design considerations to Steph.


No comments:

Post a Comment