Saturday 13 April 2013

FMP | Geek Table Brief II Final



Again, this afternoon I spent some time developing and exploring the finalised design for the second Geek Table brief, 'In the Zone'. 

Although the outcome of this brief was perhaps a little tenuous, my "in the zone" being summer, and feeling most productive and positive when the sun is shining (originally, I was going to produce a design based on one of my favourite musicians, M.I.A, but wanted to add a little variation, as I felt music would be a popular choice for visual communication...four out of the eight of us did in fact chose it in the end, so my suspicions were right!), with the restriction of an orange colour palette within our work, choosing to reflect summer with an ice lolly in a triptych series, which I felt would add interest and also give me chance to explore various outcomes which reflect my proposed title as 'Print Geek'.


This morning, I experimented with printing on acetate, and was pleased to find it gave a really fun effect, again, visually communicating the translucency of the ice lolly itself. However, with the design going on to be printed in the networking publication, I felt it would easily get lost in print, and decided to revert back to the full orange design printed onto 160gsm white matt satin stock, which gives a real richness and vibrancy of colour, which I believe reflects both the boldness of my work, and my subject matter of summer, well.

Printed design to be documented when photographed in a studio environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment