Sunday 17 March 2013

FMP | Spot Varnishing Business Cards



Yesterday I spent a few hours developing Alex's business cards further with the application of a spray varnish over the logo, using my previously laser cut logo stencil. Unfortunately, when it came to the finishing, the process was incredibly difficult to perfect- the spray itself being incredibly sticky and attracting all manner of dust particles, tacking to the corner of the stencil, etc.

The process was very frustrating, and resulted in me having to throw away many of the cards which took hours to make by hand, so felt like a lot of time wasted. As Alex didn't want to spend the money, or have the unit quantity that professional printing would demand, I think we will have to compromise on no spot varnish. Although it would certainly be the icing on the cake, it would be very unrealistic to be able to produce the number he requires perfectly (I have three in twenty cards which are just about 'ok'), but also a bad use of my time on what should be an additional, and not a significant brief.


No comments:

Post a Comment