Sunday 31 March 2013

FMP | La Petit Macron Logo Development



After specifying a potential design direction and colour scheme for the brief, I straight away moved on to working with a potential logo to encompass the whole brand in a simple, yet stylish way that would suit the high end market and target consumer.

Originally, I had the idea of creating a 'Macaron' logo with a negative space counter in the 'O' to emulate the shape of a macaron itself, but felt this could look quite gimmicky, and didn't feel right for the brand. Deciding earlier to stick to the name 'La petite Macaron', I decided to use Gotham Rounded, as I felt this gave a high end, yet still friendly and slightly less corporate visual communication than Gotham alone may have done. I have also used a variety of light and medium weights to highlight the 'Macaron', and emphasising the 'Petite' in 'La Petite'.

Although I would have liked to have played upon the counter/circle idea, as I think this could work really strongly as a geometric pattern/visual throughout the branding, it is something that I will have to consider in other applications, as, in this case, visually, it just doesn't seem appropriate or as fitting.

With a small change (-10 kern either side of the Petite 'I') the simple typographic logo (as shown above) is good to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment