Tuesday 12 March 2013

FMP | Geek Table Brief IV Alter Egos



This afternoon, I decide to spend some time developing work for the fourth Geek Table brief, this time, entitled 'Alter Egos', inspired by Geek Table member Baljeet's 'Alternate Careers' project, documenting what we would be doing if we weren't Graphic Designers (/Students).

I am famously (or infamously) known for having a bit of a lust for life, and, in the process, wanting to try my hand at every career coning. Even through the concept development, I was torn as to which avenue to follow. Therefore, I decided to take the advice which was given to my fifteen year old self in one particularly useless (or not now, so it may seem) careers advice session, where, upon finding I liked drawing, the advisor said "You should be a wallpaper designer, that's what I wanted to do".

So now I am (for one week only).

Combining with my love of image and print making, along with my design focus of branding, I have created a proposed stationary range with a polka dot print, which I intend to create a spot varnish finish for over this week (having first cut out laser cut stencils).

Looking forward to showing my days work to the rest of the group next week, and hopefully receiving some constructive feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment