Wednesday 13 March 2013

FMP | Contacting Designers for Design Context



Yesterday I made a start (and a very delayed one at that) in contacting designers for my Design Context brief. Having delayed it for far too long, and prioritising other aspects of my work at this time, I wrote a template copy of the email, which I think, although still personal and direct, also maintains truth and honesty in how I write to each designer, that I respect both their practice, and, above all, their time.

I'm really delighted that I've already started to receive some replies (and requests to help after posting a status via Twitter), even to the extent of which I'm now due to travel to studios to meet the designers themselves and to discuss their portfolio and practice.

Really excited to start applying my findings into a design context... I think it's going to be a really fun brief to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment