Tuesday 12 February 2013

FMP | Papercraft Design & Illustration




Fedrigoni 2012 YCN
By Jonathan Shackleton

-

As part of my hope to explore various different methods of production and delivery throughout the Geek Table Collective brief (as well as building up my commercial design portfolio, for sale in both online and high street shops), I would also really like to develop skills and potentially discover lost talents.

Towards the beginning of the course and degree programme, perhaps through a lack of skill, or a way of teaching, if nothing else, my work was very hand rendered, and a common method of delivery was through paper craft design.
Although I feel that I am by no means confident with my paper cutting skills (or having the patience for such an intricate art!), I still believe it would be something really fun to explore, and a great means of visual communication and delivery of the concepts behind the theme of our Graphic Design experience exhibition.

Sourced above and below are some existing examples, as found through Behance, of my most recent sources of inspiration in regards to paper crafting, in particular, being a real fan of Zim and Zou's characteristically bright and intricate character design - like work for quite some time (see 'Leather Parrot' at the bottom of the page).

-



www.behance.net

Paper Tools
By Rebeka Molnar




Infographica 
By Matteo Giuseppe Pani




Leather Parrot
By Zim and Zou


No comments:

Post a Comment