Thursday 21 February 2013

FMP | Geek Table Brief 1 Design Development



This evening I spent some time developing initial ideas and an outcome for the first week's Geek Table Collective brief, whereupon we express our Geek 'Superpower' or what we love, or feel "Geeky" about in our own personal and professional design practices.

With the given title of 'Print Geek', I wanted to produce something that was simple, but beautiful- potentially to screenprint or letterpress for a really attractive, high end finish.

Initially inspired by the print industry itself, I began searching for print quotes, information, or artists and designers involved within the print industry (as shown through screenshots below). After some initial experimentations, however, I found that the simpler the design was, the more appealing I found it, as I so often do within my work with a minimal and considered design style. I decided to veer away from a print finish focus, and instead on my practice in general, and representing my minimalist style, I chose to create a design (shown above) which reflects my own ethos of 'The best design doesn't need to shout' (as inspired by an article title in the Financial Times, as shown below), which, in minimal pt size in the centre of an A2 print, I think, will be really interesting in an exhibition space as it will force people to interact with it, and to get closer to understand the concept behind it.

Looking forward to out first crit and meeting, and hopefully getting some good, constructive feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment