Saturday 16 February 2013

FMP | Creative Editorial Design




Creamier
By Atelier Dyakova

-

Throughout my design deliverables, experimentation and outcomes for the Jung Myers - Briggs : Typology brief, I hope to experiment with editorial design and layout more than I have previously had the opportunity with before, both in regards to the design and layout of the body copy, as well as the use of stocks, print finishes and binds throughout the publication.

For my final publication, I hope to make a really well - considered, visually communicative and beautiful design which can be an abiding source of information, and something which can be kept and referred to, almost as an encyclopaedia of knowledge for psychological and psychoanalytical self - assessment. Throughout my research of existing design context materials, my ideas have changed in terms of the processes and interaction with the book to be undertaken. Initially, I wanted something that could be quite disposable, almost a throw - away item with perforations, that could be written in, etc., though from the example shown below ('Present Tense'), although this example works, I feel it would make the publication potentially look unclean and messy, and a far cry from the minimalist, almost clinical look I hope to achieve through a Swiss - like editorial design.

After my research, I feel my design will be a lot more reflective of work such as the publication 'Creamier' (images and source link shown directly above and below) with a structured, considered grid, and an experimentation with the use of materials and stocks for a unique, yet commercial design outcome, which, hopefully, will provide a great platform for my intentions to still make the cover design, in particular, somewhat ambiguous, secretive, and, above all, minimal.

-




Herausgefordert. Die Geschichte der Basler Zeitung
By Andreas Hidber

 



RJ Scott
By Passport 



www.behance.net

Present Tense 
By Ozan Akkoyun


No comments:

Post a Comment