Saturday 16 February 2013

FMP | Buying Stock



As an integral part of my Final Major Project, particularly as I focus on designing for print, I will be sourcing some high quality, and appropriate stocks for the range of briefs and deliverables I set out to create.

For the Paul Danks Property Development brief, I have decided to screen print the printed collateral (compliment slips, letterheads, envelopes, etc.,) onto 160gsm uncoated white paper, for an absorbant surface, yet one that still has considerable weight, and a slightly more luxurious feel, yet can still be affordable produced for a wide and numerous client base, and for a variety of business partners and associates.

I decided to search online, and found Colour Copy papers on Amazon, who received generally good reviews (the only downsides for reviewers being the cost from a home print perspective, not a commercial one), and per unit was very affordable, so have gone on to buy both A4 and A3 papers to hopefully start printing within the next couple of weeks, and, also, to be able to have paper stock in reserve, from buying in bulk, for future projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment